Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The window is open!

It is with great sadness to be writing this...

Early this morning, Brandon Butcher lost his long battle with heart disease.  As I said before, all of us "LVADer's" on Face Book have become very close, and we are all like family.  We support each other, and we all know what each one has gone through.  When one family receives a heart, all of our hearts are full of joy, when someone is in pain, we all hurt, because we've probably been there before, and when someone loses their battle, it puts everything back into perspective and we all stick together in prayer!!  Brandon was probably one of, if not the youngest person in our group with an LVAD.  He was married to Kari, a warrior, who cared for him in an amazing way, never leaving his side, and kept us all posted on his progress.  Not once did Kari ask why this was happening to her, or her family?  Not once was she negative, or had a negative thing to say.  She reached out and asked for prayers and support.  As one LVADer said, "When Prayers go up, Blessings come down", and that is exactly what happened.  Kari has been blessed with two beautiful boys and loving friends and family (near and far) that will smother her with support and love!!  God never leads us to an experience without helping us through it. Just remember we must be the one to ask for His guidance.   I am attaching her beautiful story she sent this morning.  Please say a prayer for her, and for the family.  Kari needs all the love and support she can get.  

am VERY sorry to tell everyone this, but Brandon lost his battle this morning. He is right where he belongs and has no pain. He went comfortably and he knew. He asked his mom to open the window. And when he was going, I told him "Brandon, the window is open, fly away home". And he did, I saw it with my own eyes, his eyes went straight to the window... I'm so much more at peace knowing that God is taking care of him now. Thank you to each and every one of you for all of the prayers, and advice, and well wishes. I will never be able to say that enough.. And I will always be an LVAD WARRIOR! ~ Kari

May God Bless you Kari, and your Family, and may Brandon finally rest in peace.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to lose a VAD brother, RIP Brandon :-(.
    Glad you are here Monica, I have seen so many lives saved since I became aware of them on 01-11-10, the day I was Implanted with a HM II. I would not be typing a message to you without this device being available

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kari really fought for Brandon through the end. He was a fighter and so was she! Their boys become his legacy. It is good that you shared their story. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing my story.. Brandon was an incredible person with so much strength. I wouldn't have had it any other way, but to be here with him through all of this, until he took his very last breath. I have peace in the knowledge that he is being taken care of now, is not in pain, and is not suffering. I also know that he is looking over me and the boys now, and I know he will guide me in the right direction. And I still have no negative things to say, as I have no negative feelings. Our boys are my inspiration, and have been. Every single day Brandon made me proud to be his wife. He will always be in my heart. And when it's my time, I hope that I can go with just an ounce of the strength that he did. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete