Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Routine Dr.'s Visit

Last Monday I had a visit to the LVAD Clinic, and it was a great visit.  My left lung was clear of all the fluid, (thank God) which has resulted in breathing much better.  :)  When we first found out I was going to have this LVAD, we knew I was going to need 24/7 supervision for 3 months.  I have been blessed to have my Mother staying with us Monday - Friday.  She never hesitated when the question was asked who would be able to do it, she has cooked, cleaned, and done our laundry for months.  My two questions during last weeks visit, were "When can I take a shower", and "Do I still need to have care/supervision"?  I received a super cool shower bag, and was told I no longer needed 24 hour care.  While I was ecstatic about taking a shower, I couldn't imagine not having my mom here with me.  She's always been my best friend, and to have her live with us was such a blessing.  I know the boys probably made her tick, along with trying to keep the house clean and organized, monitoring me, and never finishing laundry....  We never had dirty clothes.  :)  Yesterday was my first full day without Mom and with Kuper watching Little Bill over and over.  I do miss my Mom, because it's not quite the same without her here, however, I am extremely thrilled she is now back with my Dad. Health wise, he is not doing so great either, so having her back makes me feel much more comfortable.

I will visit the coumadin clinic this week to have my INR checked, and I don't go back to the LVAD clinic until August 19.  The next visit to the LVAD clinic will be my 3 month check up, and this visit will be a very important one.  I will have a series of test done to determine if my heart is healing, which will include an Echo to see if the ejection fraction has increased.  I am asking for prayers for healing.  I know God has been with me each step in this journey, and whatever the outcome, there is a lesson.  My lesson throughout this journey has been patience.  I have learned that my plans are not necessarily what God has planned for me, so whatever he has in store for me, I will be faithful to him and take what he gives me.
Take care and may God Bless You

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad all the fluid is gone!!! But, I'm kinda sad that your mom is gone...I loved having her around too!

    ReplyDelete