Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Prayers for my Brothers

I need your help!!  PRAYERS......

When I had surgery in May, I never imagined getting to meet some of God's most amazing miracles.  I have had the pleasure of becoming part of a wonderful group on Face Book called the LVAD Friends.  There are about 50 of us and we are growing strong.  We all ask questions, talk about everyday life, and most importantly, we all pray for each other!

There are two people I would like all of you to say prayers for.  Chris Lockhart and Brandon Butcher.  Both of them are in critical condition, and need God's healing hand!

Brandon has an LVAD and is in the hospital.  Unfortunately the right side of his heart is suffering and his liver is failing.  The Dr's have told him, "IF he goes home, he will have several very INTENSE months".  There is much more to his story, but these are the latest things, and he needs OUR prayers.

I met Chris when he was in the hospital in June.  He is 38, and has suffered from Heart Failure for 10 years.  With much hesitation, he had an LVAD put in about 3 weeks ago, and had a follow-up this week.  They kept him in the hospital because apparently his pump has been "striking".  They are running test, but may have to replace the pump.... That means he will have to go through a second open heart surgery.  I CAN NOT imagine what that pain must feel like.  The first one is horrible, I certainly wouldn't want to have a second one...3 weeks later!!

Please lift Chris and Brandon up in your prayers!!!  I will keep you posted on them as soon I as hear something.

May God Bless you, and Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. As usual, beautifully said - I do not know Chris but will add him to our prayers and positive energy. Brandon and Kari have become friends and in our thoughts always, as are you Monica.....Jenny

    ReplyDelete