Friday, June 3, 2011

June 3, 2011 Update

Yesterday I had my first follow-up appointment with the LVAD clinic.  It has been 3 weeks today since my surgery, and everyday I feel better and the pain is starting to subside.  Yesterday at the clinic, we answered lots of questions, and changed the drive line dressing.  The site looks really good and is beginning to heal.  I still have some fluid in my left lung they are concerned about and a very sharp, uncomfortable pain on the left side.  I was planning on dropping my pain meds, but they suggested waiting a little while longer.  Next week, I'm hoping to find out if my heart has decreased in size, because it's still enlarged to 7 cm.  (normal is about 5cm)  I'm just asking for continued prayers for my own heart to heal.  The doctors are hopeful that my heart will heal, and someday I will be able to have the LVAD removed.  It's a long shot, but with God, all things are possible!!!  
Everyday I'm getting stronger, and things are becoming more "normal".  Thank you.... to everyone for the overwhelming support and prayers.  I can not say it enough.  Thank you!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment