Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May 31st 2011 update

Well it has been several days since Monica has been home, so I thought I would post an update.
The healing process is very slow, and Monica still has a lot of pain.  During the surgery she had a couple of ribs fracture, so that is where she is having most of the pain.  We did get out to the neighborhood pool a few times over the memorial weekend, and she was happy to get some sun.  Even though she is not able to get in the water, she did enjoy being able to sit on the edge of the pool and put her feet in.

Every night we have to clean the site where the drive line enters her body.  The process includes sterilizing a table in our room, getting all our cleaning supplies ready, and putting on masks and sterile glove.  Monica's mom is great at this, and has been doing an amazing job.  Saturday night was my first time doing this, and I will say it was a little nerve racking.  Know that I am responsible for doing a good job and preventing infection can be overwhelming.  I know it will get easier with time, but the first few times made me a little nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment