Thursday, June 16, 2011

June 16, 2011

Finally I'm getting around to updating my post...a week late.  Oops. :)
Last Friday, June 10, I met with the LVAD team, and the surgeon to discuss the fluid still in my left lung.  When I left the hospital, the fluid was filling only half of my lung.  When I had my follow-up a week later, my left lung was completely full of fluid.  Dr. Vega was very concerned about that, and scheduled me to come in the following week to have another x-ray, and the fluid was back down to half.  I have another appointment on Friday, June 24 with an x-ray to see if the fluid is gone.  (I am hoping to get the pictures of the x-rays to post) Please pray there is no more fluid, or Dr. Vega will need to drain it.  ( I really don't want that to happen).  Tomorrow will be 5 weeks since my operation, and sometimes I feel like things are going much better, and Im healing great, and other days, I just want to sit on the couch all day and do nothing.  The site where the drive line comes out of my belly is still healing, so I would have to say it is the one thing that is causing me the most pain.  Unfortunately I am still having to take pain meds, but I'm only taking them once a day, sometimes twice.
My coumadin (blood thinner medication) levels are still low, which means my blood is too thick.  I have been avoiding green foods for 2 weeks, hoping to get my INR level to 1.8 - 2.2.  It certainly has been a challenge.  I have tried a very small glass of red wine because it is a blood thinner, and there were no changes.  (Darn) :)  We will continue to try different things and increase my dose if needed.  I will go in the morning to have more blood drawn to check the levels.  I will say... I normally have to go twice a week to give blood, and it's not fun, and I think I've been poked so many times I have scar tissue around my veins that used to work so easily.
Thanks again for all you followers, supporters, and prayer worriers. I feel like I can't say "Thank You" enough and describe how grateful we are, to have so many people that have donated, prayed, among the many other things by our generous friends and family.  We Love you people so much, and really are blown away at the support that has been given.  Much love to you all!!!!

Monica

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Monica! I have been following your blog! I met you back at the reunion, (Jamie's wife) We have thought of you often and keeping you in our prayers for a speedy recovery! Glad to see that your moving in the right direction with this big change in your life. Maybe when you go back, the fluid will be gone outta that lung. Love you much! xoxoxoxo Samantha

    ReplyDelete