Monday, May 9, 2011

The time has come...

Well, after two visits to the hospital in the past two weeks, my family and I have finally decided to proceed with the open heart surgery to implant the LVAD. It has been quite a struggle, emotionally and physically for me and my entire family. When I was diagnosed with CHF (congestive heart failure) in January, I never imagined I would still be dealing with this 5 months later. I expected with some medication, rest, and a few Doctors visits, I'd be back to normal in no time. I found God's plan to be different than mine. After weeks and weeks of praying, meeting with surgeons, multiple visits back to the hospital, and many family discussions, we all agreed, there was no better time than now. My ejection fraction is still functioning (pumping) at 10%, and my heart is still extremely week; according to echocardiograms. I am going to spend Mothers Day with my wonderful boys and celebrate Kuper's 4th birthday this weekend. On Wednesday, May 11, I am checking into Emory for a few more test, and on Friday morning, May 13, I will have a bionic, super mom heart attached to my weak, nonfunctioning heart. Please pray for a speedy recovery and for the doctors to find out exactly what went wrong with my heart originally.

1 comment:

  1. Mercy, what a terrifying ordeal has been laid upon you and your family. I have/will continue to lift up in prayer that God heals you; protects you; comforts you, your husband, boys and family; and gives you the peace and understanding you most likely search for. Keep up the fight! Blessings to you, Dawn Vargas

    ReplyDelete