Saturday, July 9, 2011

Some Good News

Well finally I've received some good news.  I got a phone call 2 weeks ago from Ann with the LVAD team with results from the x-ray.  Dr. Vega doesn't think we need to drain the left lung, and I will not see him again until July 25!!  I'm only going to the coumadin clinic once a week now, so hopefully that will get all worked out for once a month visits.  So far, the last two times, I've been within my range which have been 2.0 and 1.8.   YAY!!

Last week was a really good week for me.  It was my 8th week, and I started feeling like my old self again.  I was sure I was going to feel better by week 5, because some of the other LVAD recipients talked about how great they felt around week 5.  I was really starting to get frustrated, and when that happens, I go to the "feel sorry for me" place.  I luckily didn't stay in that place long, and started to feel better by week 7. Now I feel amazing and feel like my old self again.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers!! I will try to update this more often, so thanks for all your patients!!  I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th.

No comments:

Post a Comment